Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HEALTHY CHICKEN SALAD

Everyone has been asking for this recipe!! I made a batch of it on Sunday and it has been my lunch this week!! So delicious and less than 150 calories per serving! With the sweet potatoe it adds an additional 150 calories!

1 large grilled chicken breast
1/2 med apple
2 celery stalks
1 cucumber
3/4 cup of grapes (can cut the big ones in 1/2)
1/2 cup chopped natural walnuts
4 egg whites chopped

Combine all ingredients in bowl (I like my celery and cucumber chopped super fine)
 Dressing: Juice of 1 lime
               Fresh ground pepper
               1 single serving container of non-fat plain yogurt
               2 TBLspoons non-fat miracle whip
Pour dressing over salad and mix well.  Can store in fridge for a week or more. I serve this over a bed of fresh spinach (about 2 cups). I will also eat 1/2 a small sweet potatoe with cinnamon as well. A great lunch or pre-workout meal! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete